Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
High Tide At The Salt Pond In Eastham On Cape Cod.
A few years ago, the National Park Service installed a moveable bridge by the salt pond near the Visitors Center in Eastham. It goes up and down with the tide and you can usually get across, unless the tide is extremely high. You can see how high the tide was the amount of grass that … Continue reading High Tide At The Salt Pond In Eastham On Cape Cod.
Always Changing Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
Yesterday was a beautiful day on Cape Cod… sunny and windy. We took a ride to Coast Guard Beach to picnic in the car and then take a walk on the beach. It was pretty warm at our house so we didn’t even think of bringing our winter parkas. That was a mistake. (Click on … Continue reading Always Changing Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
Late Afternoon Sun At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
It was late afternoon at First Encounter Beach and low tide too. I loved how the sun looked in the sky as I walked along the beach. What do you think?