Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Beautiful White-Tailed Deer In Our Yard On Cape Cod
Every once in a while we see some deer or other wildlife in our yard here on Cape Cod. It is such a treat! This deer was with 4 others and hung out for a while. I guess we got pretty spoiled when we lived in Colorado with the Elk and Bighorn Sheep grazing in … Continue reading Beautiful White-Tailed Deer In Our Yard On Cape Cod
Indian Rock At Skiff Hill At Fort Hill On Cape Cod.
The light was so beautiful on the carvings at Indian Rock at Fort Hill the other day. It almost looks like dusk, but it was in the middle of the afternoon. Indian Rock was a “community grinding rock, one of four such rocks found in the Nauset area. The Indians used the abrasive qualities of … Continue reading Indian Rock At Skiff Hill At Fort Hill On Cape Cod.
Nauset Light Beach On Cape Cod Is Always Beautiful!
Nauset Light Beach, part of the National Seashore, is always gorgeous and ever-changing. We stopped the other day to take a look and you can see the little sandbars that have formed at low tide. You can also see a huge crack in the dune in the forefront of the photograph. I wonder what Mother … Continue reading Nauset Light Beach On Cape Cod Is Always Beautiful!