Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Love The Buffleheads At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod!
I love watching the black and white Buffleheads as they swim about and dive for food at Rock Harbor during the winter months. They get pretty spooked when you get near them and tend to fly away. (Click on blog link to see other photos.) But if you stand up on the dock at Rock … Continue reading Love The Buffleheads At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod!
Kayaking Fisherman At Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
We watched this fisherman launch his kayak at Cliff Pond the other day. I thought, perhaps, it might be an interesting photograph. (Click on blog link for full photo.) I waited until he was a ways from shore and took some photographs. I loved this one with the beautiful puffy clouds in the background. What … Continue reading Kayaking Fisherman At Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
Gorgeous Views Of Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.
Rock Harbor is almost iconic with its unique views of Cape Cod Bay and the very distinct channel markers that mark the channel going into Rock Harbor that look like trees growing in the water. The channel markers have not been taken out yet this year… maybe because it has not been cold enough so … Continue reading Gorgeous Views Of Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.