Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Question Mark Butterfly On Cape Cod.
I saw this butterfly on my tree but didn’t know what it was. It is quite different with its wings folded up and extended. The Question Mark is a large orange butterfly of about 2 and 1/2 inches with black markings on its fore-wings. I learned that it finds nourishment in tree sap which is … Continue reading Question Mark Butterfly On Cape Cod.
Indian Summer On Cape Cod.
September is one of my favorite months here on Cape Cod. The weather is usually warm as is the water. And… the people are gone so you have the place to yourself! This was one of the last days of summer with the people lazing about in the water and on the beach at Rock … Continue reading Indian Summer On Cape Cod.
The Seals At Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
There were about 50 seals relaxing in the shallow waters off of Coast Guard Beach the other morning. Phil took this photo of me looking at them. It looks like they are only a few feet away. Pretty cool, huh? Look at that guy right in front! Too funny! He looks like he’s laughing!