Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
The Dunes Are Huge At Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod!
The dunes look huge on Coast Guard Beach, eaten away by the virulent winter storms the past few years. Phil took this photograph of me a few days ago. At first I thought… wow! And then I looked back at a similar photograph that he took last year about this time and the dunes don’t … Continue reading The Dunes Are Huge At Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod!
Love The Flats On Cape Cod Bay At First Encounter Beach.
It was such a pretty day with so many fluffy, white clouds in the blue, blue sky. First Encounter Beach, where the Native Americans first encountered the Pilgrims on Cape Cod, was just beautiful. The tide was low so you could see the flats go out for what looks like miles. You can even see … Continue reading Love The Flats On Cape Cod Bay At First Encounter Beach.
The Surf Was Up At Nauset Light Beach On Cape Cod!
The waves were perfect for surfing at Nauset Light Beach in Eastham and the surfers were out trying to catch that “perfect wave.” It was great fun watching them all, especially on a cold, windy day in the middle of winter. Dedication!