Most digital cameras do not have multiple exposure capabilities. With the use of Adobe Photoshop, you can create your own multiple exposure photographs. This technique is for a double exposure.
How To Create A Double Exposure Photograph
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be worked on.
2. Choose Layer --> Duplicate Copy or hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the J key for a duplicate copy of the image. This layer is the layer you are going to work on.
3. Select the duplicate layer.
4. Choose Filter --> Blur --> Gaussian Blur and adjust the radius to a number that blurs the image but still leaves it recognizable. Click OK.
5. Set the opacity to 85% to 90% (Figure 1 A) and the fill to 95% (Figure 1 B). Keep adjusting the two settings until you are content with the look of your photograph.
6. Select the eraser and set the opacity to 70% (Figure 2 A) and the flow to 80% (Figure 2 B). Use any settings that need to erase sections of the duplicate layer. In this photograph, the center of the flower was erase on the duplicate layer to display a sharp, distinct section of the flower.
7. When you a satisfied with result, save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Nauset Marsh Trail On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Yesterday was one of those Top 10 days here on Cape Cod! The sky and the clouds were unbelievable all day long. We took a nice hike on Nauset Marsh Trail from the visitors center and out along the salt marsh. The falls colors were as vibrant as I’ve ever seen them. I didn’t even … Continue reading Nauset Marsh Trail On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Fort Hill On Cape Cod Was Spectacular!
What a spectacular day at Fort Hill! The sky was blue with a little breeze…perfect for a nice loop hike down on the boardwalk and then around the meadows. So pretty! Look at that sky!
Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
Yesterday was a windy, windy day and perfect for kite surfing on the creek behind First Encounter Beach. It was fun to watch the 2 kite surfers as they did their maneuvers. (Click on blog link to see other photo.) In the 2nd photograph, the kite surfer jumped so high in the air, I got … Continue reading Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.