Most digital cameras do not have multiple exposure capabilities. With the use of Adobe Photoshop, you can create your own multiple exposure photographs. This technique is for a double exposure.
How To Create A Double Exposure Photograph
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be worked on.
2. Choose Layer --> Duplicate Copy or hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the J key for a duplicate copy of the image. This layer is the layer you are going to work on.
3. Select the duplicate layer.
4. Choose Filter --> Blur --> Gaussian Blur and adjust the radius to a number that blurs the image but still leaves it recognizable. Click OK.
5. Set the opacity to 85% to 90% (Figure 1 A) and the fill to 95% (Figure 1 B). Keep adjusting the two settings until you are content with the look of your photograph.
6. Select the eraser and set the opacity to 70% (Figure 2 A) and the flow to 80% (Figure 2 B). Use any settings that need to erase sections of the duplicate layer. In this photograph, the center of the flower was erase on the duplicate layer to display a sharp, distinct section of the flower.
7. When you a satisfied with result, save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Love The Buffleheads At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod!
I love watching the black and white Buffleheads as they swim about and dive for food at Rock Harbor during the winter months. They get pretty spooked when you get near them and tend to fly away. (Click on blog link to see other photos.) But if you stand up on the dock at Rock … Continue reading Love The Buffleheads At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod!
Kayaking Fisherman At Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
We watched this fisherman launch his kayak at Cliff Pond the other day. I thought, perhaps, it might be an interesting photograph. (Click on blog link for full photo.) I waited until he was a ways from shore and took some photographs. I loved this one with the beautiful puffy clouds in the background. What … Continue reading Kayaking Fisherman At Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
Gorgeous Views Of Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.
Rock Harbor is almost iconic with its unique views of Cape Cod Bay and the very distinct channel markers that mark the channel going into Rock Harbor that look like trees growing in the water. The channel markers have not been taken out yet this year… maybe because it has not been cold enough so … Continue reading Gorgeous Views Of Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.