Sometimes you need to use the same Adobe Photoshop action on multiple images. You could open each image one at a time and use the necessary action on the image or you can use the batch process to make your work faster and more efficient.
How To Use The Batch Process
Before starting the batch process, make a new folder in your computer named ActionFolder. Copy (Not Move) the images to this folder that you want to process. You now will have a duplicate copy of all your images after the action has been run and you will not lose any of your original images. In this example, the images are batch processed and copied back to the same folder over the original image. The image used is a duplicate copy of the original so the original image is not lost.
1. Choose File --> Automate --> Batch.
2. Select the Action that will be applied to each image (A).
3. If the action has multiple choices within the action, select the Action Choice (B). If the action only has one part, a choice will not be necessary.
4. Set Source to Folder (C). Click the Choose button (D) and select the Folder that the images are located in (ActionFolder). Leave all of the next 3 boxes unchecked.
5. Set Destination to Folder (E). Click the Choose button (D) and select the Folder that the images are located in (ActionFolder). After the action has been run, the changed image will be copied over the original image in the ActionFolder.
6. Set the File Naming to Document Name and Extension to use the original image name (G). You always have the option to specify a naming scheme for saving your images so the new ones will not write over the old copies.
7. Click the OK button to run the batch (H).
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Nauset Marsh Trail On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Yesterday was one of those Top 10 days here on Cape Cod! The sky and the clouds were unbelievable all day long. We took a nice hike on Nauset Marsh Trail from the visitors center and out along the salt marsh. The falls colors were as vibrant as I’ve ever seen them. I didn’t even … Continue reading Nauset Marsh Trail On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Fort Hill On Cape Cod Was Spectacular!
What a spectacular day at Fort Hill! The sky was blue with a little breeze…perfect for a nice loop hike down on the boardwalk and then around the meadows. So pretty! Look at that sky!
Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
Yesterday was a windy, windy day and perfect for kite surfing on the creek behind First Encounter Beach. It was fun to watch the 2 kite surfers as they did their maneuvers. (Click on blog link to see other photo.) In the 2nd photograph, the kite surfer jumped so high in the air, I got … Continue reading Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.