Sometimes you need to sharpen the hair and eyes while at the same time leaving the skin natural. Using the technique described below will add sharpness to the hair and eyes in your photographs.
How To Sharpen The Hair And Eyes
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
3. Select the new layer. Set the Blend Mode to Overlay (Figure 1 A) and set the Opacity to 75% (Figure 1 B). You can always change the opacity setting to suit your preference and your photograph.
4. Select the new layer. Open the filter box. Choose Filter --> Other --> High Pass. Start with a setting of 2 for the Pixel Radius (Figure 2 A). You can always change this setting to suit your preference and your photograph. Click OK.
5. Choose the eraser and erase from the new layer any unwanted sharpness that is unnecessary. Set the eraser to a size which will enable you to erase small portions of your photograph.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Smooth Sumac Growing In Abundance On Cape Cod
I have seen a lot of Smooth Sumac growing along the sides of the trails by the National Seashore. I wasn’t sure what it was until I did a little research. Smooth Sumac is a large shrub which grows to about 10 feet with large, 12″ leaves. The bark is smooth and brown; the twigs … Continue reading Smooth Sumac Growing In Abundance On Cape Cod
Double-Breasted Cormorant At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod
It was fun to watch the Double-breasted Cormorants diving for food at Rock Harbor. There were quite a few of them and they were quite busy. They’d swim around bit and then dive way under. You never knew where they would surface, so you never knew where to focus your camera. This guy was right … Continue reading Double-Breasted Cormorant At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod
Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary Is A Great Place For The Whole Family
Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary has so much to do for the entire family. Inside the visitors center is a small museum with lots of educational material. The kids will love the fish and turtles in the tanks. They might even see a Wild Turkey outside the huge windows. Outside there are walks and hikes through … Continue reading Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary Is A Great Place For The Whole Family