Sometimes you need to sharpen the hair and eyes while at the same time leaving the skin natural. Using the technique described below will add sharpness to the hair and eyes in your photographs.
How To Sharpen The Hair And Eyes
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
3. Select the new layer. Set the Blend Mode to Overlay (Figure 1 A) and set the Opacity to 75% (Figure 1 B). You can always change the opacity setting to suit your preference and your photograph.
4. Select the new layer. Open the filter box. Choose Filter --> Other --> High Pass. Start with a setting of 2 for the Pixel Radius (Figure 2 A). You can always change this setting to suit your preference and your photograph. Click OK.
5. Choose the eraser and erase from the new layer any unwanted sharpness that is unnecessary. Set the eraser to a size which will enable you to erase small portions of your photograph.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Cute Little Hairy Woodpecker In Our Yard On Cape Cod!
We have so many woodpeckers in our yard here on Cape Cod… Hairy Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpeckers and Northern Flickers. They all just love the suet at our feeders. This Hairy Woodpecker was basking in the sun on the side of the tree on a cold morning. Such a beautiful bird, don’t you think?
The Winter Of 2018 In Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
The winter of 2018 was quite harsh for Cape Cod… from eroding beaches and dunes to heavy winds and microbursts that downed many trees in the area. We lost 5 huge trees in our yard alone. You can still see some of the the 200+ trees that were felled by the many nor’easters from January … Continue reading The Winter Of 2018 In Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
Gorgeous Clouds Over Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
The clouds over Nauset Marsh from Coast Guard Beach were just spectacular! Amazing clouds on Cape Cod this winter!