Sometimes you might want to combine monotone with color to produce a new look for your photograph. The history brush is very effective in helping to create that combination.
How To Apply Monotone Using The History Brush
Note: The history brush will not work properly if the photograph is resampled or the image size has been changed. The snapshots that are indicated below are not saved when the finished photograph is saved.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Choose Image --> Adjustment --> Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box (E) and a check will appear. Click OK. The history screen will display the unsharpen mask as indicated in the image below (A).
4. Click the camera located on the bottom of the history screen (B). A snapshot of the photography will appear named as Snapshot 1 (B).
5. Select the history brush from the tool box and choose the brush size needed.
6. Click the box on the left side of Snapshot 1 (C). Click open on the history screen and the word open will be highlighted in blue (D).
7. Slowly paint the area that you want to appear in a monotone. You might want to use the Magic Wand to help isolate the sections that need to be painted.
8. You can add additional snapshots at any time if your image needs additional editing.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Uncle Tim's Bridge In Wellfleet On Cape Cod In Horizontal Or Vertical?
I couldn’t decide which photograph of Uncle Tim’s Bridge in Wellfleet I like better… the horizontal or vertical. What do you think? If you’ve never gone over the bridge and walked the trail, it’s worth the walk. There is a nice overlook with benches where you can sit and enjoy the view.
Beautiful Snowy Egret Reflection At Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
I haven’t see a Snowy Egret in a long time, so this was a real treat to see one at Nauset Marsh. It was low tide so the birds were stalking their prey in the shallow waters. I loved the reflections of the Snowy Egret and the Seagull near the boardwalk. The lighting was so … Continue reading Beautiful Snowy Egret Reflection At Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
Spring On The Trail At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod.
The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary is one of our favorite places to hike. It was especially pretty this day with the Forsythia blooming along the trail. It feels like spring is just about here! Have you ever hike at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary? With so much to see in the visitor’s center and along … Continue reading Spring On The Trail At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod.