Sometimes you might want to combine monotone with color to produce a new look for your photograph. The history brush is very effective in helping to create that combination.
How To Apply Monotone Using The History Brush
Note: The history brush will not work properly if the photograph is resampled or the image size has been changed. The snapshots that are indicated below are not saved when the finished photograph is saved.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Choose Image --> Adjustment --> Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box (E) and a check will appear. Click OK. The history screen will display the unsharpen mask as indicated in the image below (A).
4. Click the camera located on the bottom of the history screen (B). A snapshot of the photography will appear named as Snapshot 1 (B).
5. Select the history brush from the tool box and choose the brush size needed.
6. Click the box on the left side of Snapshot 1 (C). Click open on the history screen and the word open will be highlighted in blue (D).
7. Slowly paint the area that you want to appear in a monotone. You might want to use the Magic Wand to help isolate the sections that need to be painted.
8. You can add additional snapshots at any time if your image needs additional editing.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Nauset Marsh Trail On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Yesterday was one of those Top 10 days here on Cape Cod! The sky and the clouds were unbelievable all day long. We took a nice hike on Nauset Marsh Trail from the visitors center and out along the salt marsh. The falls colors were as vibrant as I’ve ever seen them. I didn’t even … Continue reading Nauset Marsh Trail On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Fort Hill On Cape Cod Was Spectacular!
What a spectacular day at Fort Hill! The sky was blue with a little breeze…perfect for a nice loop hike down on the boardwalk and then around the meadows. So pretty! Look at that sky!
Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
Yesterday was a windy, windy day and perfect for kite surfing on the creek behind First Encounter Beach. It was fun to watch the 2 kite surfers as they did their maneuvers. (Click on blog link to see other photo.) In the 2nd photograph, the kite surfer jumped so high in the air, I got … Continue reading Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.