Just because the sky did not cooperate with the moment doesn't mean that the photograph is entirely ruined. With the help of Adobe Photoshop and the cloud filter, it is possible to create an entirely different feeling for your photograph.
How To Add Blue Sky & Clouds
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 50%.
3. Select the sky with the magic wand (check the contiguous box and set the tolerance in the range of 22).
4. Choose Layer --> New --> Via Copy. This will create a new layer with just the selected sky selected with the magic wand.
5. Choose Image --> Adjustments --> Variations. Check the midtone box in the right top section of the screen.
6. Click on Add Blue variations as many times as needed by watching the preview screen. Click OK when done.
7. Choose Edit --> Fade Variations. Move the opacity percent to a level that is needed for your photograph.
8. Add a layer mask to the sky and paint a semitransparent mask along the horizon where the blue sky normally fades using a large soft brush set at 40% opacity. This step is optional depending on the type of photograph and whether the sky actually meets the horizon.
9. Choose Filters --> Render --> Clouds. This will add the clouds to the new sky. Make sure the sky layer has been selected.
10. If needed, change the opacity of the new sky layer.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Cute Little Hairy Woodpecker In Our Yard On Cape Cod!
We have so many woodpeckers in our yard here on Cape Cod… Hairy Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpeckers and Northern Flickers. They all just love the suet at our feeders. This Hairy Woodpecker was basking in the sun on the side of the tree on a cold morning. Such a beautiful bird, don’t you think?
The Winter Of 2018 In Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
The winter of 2018 was quite harsh for Cape Cod… from eroding beaches and dunes to heavy winds and microbursts that downed many trees in the area. We lost 5 huge trees in our yard alone. You can still see some of the the 200+ trees that were felled by the many nor’easters from January … Continue reading The Winter Of 2018 In Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod.
Gorgeous Clouds Over Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
The clouds over Nauset Marsh from Coast Guard Beach were just spectacular! Amazing clouds on Cape Cod this winter!