The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Loved This Great Blue Heron Stalking His Next Meal On Cape Cod.
The Great Blue Heron is my very favorite bird! I love its features and the majestic way it moves. We were walking the Salt Pond Trail and saw this Great Blue looking for his next meal. Beautiful bird, don’t you think?
Gorgeous Sunset Over Cape Cod Bay At Boat Meadow
Last night’s sunset was just beautiful! I was heading out to the post office when I saw the colorful hues on the horizon and made a detour to Boat Meadow Beach. The sun was just setting on the horizon. Maybe this is the beginning of those spectacular winter sunsets! So pretty, don’t you think?
Love The Christmas Train At Snow's In Orleans On Cape Cod!
It’s the time of the year to go to Snow’s in Orleans and see their beautiful Christmas train exhibit. It is always a treat! And, din't forget to visit their other model train exhibits in the back of the store. Snow’s also has an amazing room filled with anything you can imagine for the holidays. … Continue reading Love The Christmas Train At Snow’s In Orleans On Cape Cod!