The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Nauset Marsh Overlook From Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
The clouds were just beautiful at the overlook of Nauset Marsh from the parking lot at Coast Guard Beach. So peaceful and serene. Perfect place to stop, sit down and relax and and enjoy these gorgeous views. Or… bring a picnic!
Make Your Own Trails On The AllTrails App On Cape Cod Or Anywhere.
We’ve had so much fun with the AllTrails App. At first we followed many of the trails in our area and then we decided to try and make some of our own. (Click on blog for full photo.) On the AllTrails App you can record a hike, name it, describe it, add photos and rate it. … Continue reading Make Your Own Trails On The AllTrails App On Cape Cod Or Anywhere.
Trail To Wellfleet Harbor Beach On Cape Cod.
Any of the trails to the beaches here on Cape Cod are pretty amazing. This trail leads out to one of the beaches on Wellfleet Harbor. So pretty, even in winter. You can even see Jeremy Point in the distance. Have you ever seen the beaches on Wellfleet Harbor?