The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
Yesterday was a windy, windy day and perfect for kite surfing on the creek behind First Encounter Beach. It was fun to watch the 2 kite surfers as they did their maneuvers. (Click on blog link to see other photo.) In the 2nd photograph, the kite surfer jumped so high in the air, I got … Continue reading Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
Lots Of Least Terns Out On The Sandbar At Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
We could hear the Least Terns squawking way out on the sand bar as we walked down Coast Guard Beach. There were hundreds of them out there. And then something scared them. I loved this photograph as they started to fly away. What do you think?
Love The Face On This American Lady Butterfly Here On Cape Cod!
The butterflies were still around here on Cape Cod last week when I saw this American Lady land on one of my Zinnias. Look at that face! You can see in the 2nd photograph how camouflaged they look when their wings are folded up. We had quite a few of them around this past summer. … Continue reading Love The Face On This American Lady Butterfly Here On Cape Cod!