The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
So Much Fun Kayaking On Cape Cod!
We’ve had so much fun paddling Nauset Marsh this summer. The views are always changing as with the tides. So pretty…
Question Mark Butterfly On Cape Cod.
I saw this butterfly on my tree but didn’t know what it was. It is quite different with its wings folded up and extended. The Question Mark is a large orange butterfly of about 2 and 1/2 inches with black markings on its fore-wings. I learned that it finds nourishment in tree sap which is … Continue reading Question Mark Butterfly On Cape Cod.
Indian Summer On Cape Cod.
September is one of my favorite months here on Cape Cod. The weather is usually warm as is the water. And… the people are gone so you have the place to yourself! This was one of the last days of summer with the people lazing about in the water and on the beach at Rock … Continue reading Indian Summer On Cape Cod.