The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Uncle Tim's Bridge In Wellfleet On Cape Cod In Horizontal Or Vertical?
I couldn’t decide which photograph of Uncle Tim’s Bridge in Wellfleet I like better… the horizontal or vertical. What do you think? If you’ve never gone over the bridge and walked the trail, it’s worth the walk. There is a nice overlook with benches where you can sit and enjoy the view.
Beautiful Snowy Egret Reflection At Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
I haven’t see a Snowy Egret in a long time, so this was a real treat to see one at Nauset Marsh. It was low tide so the birds were stalking their prey in the shallow waters. I loved the reflections of the Snowy Egret and the Seagull near the boardwalk. The lighting was so … Continue reading Beautiful Snowy Egret Reflection At Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
Spring On The Trail At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod.
The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary is one of our favorite places to hike. It was especially pretty this day with the Forsythia blooming along the trail. It feels like spring is just about here! Have you ever hike at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary? With so much to see in the visitor’s center and along … Continue reading Spring On The Trail At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod.