So, This Is Going To Date Me!

Questions and information on techniques, gear, how to, etc. that will help everyone become a better SUP or surfer. Stand up paddle boards & surfing photographs and stories can also be posted here, too.
Forum rules
No adds will be allowed on the Outdoor Eyes Forum. Any member posting adds will be banned from the forum and the adds will be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.
PJT
Site Admin

So, This Is Going To Date Me!

Post by PJT »

surfer.jpg
surfer.jpg (116.98 KiB) Viewed 55 times

Everyone will be able to count backwards on the following statement. This is a photograph of me about 55 years ago with my first surfboard. It was a 9' 6" G&S (Gordon & Smith) surfboard that I purchased for $190 (a lot of $$ in those days). It weighed about as much as I did and with my small body and short arms, it was a tough surfboard to carry. But it was the first surfboard (and not the last surfboard) that I purchased and it lasted in great condition for many years. I sold all of my 5 surfboards when I moved to Colorado (didn't think I would need a surfboard ever again), but I'm now back living right next to my surfing beaches and my heart misses all of my surfboards, even if I don't surf anymore. But I always go out in the morning to watch everyone surf and I do enjoy watching as it still gives me the feeling of surfing.
...Seeing Through Outdoor Eyes

Return to “SUP & Surfing Questions & Answers”