Surfing On Cape Cod

Discussion group on SUP & Surfing techniques, gear, how to and stories. Post SUP & Surfing photographs.
Mel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Surfing On Cape Cod

Post by Mel »

E701B745-28BB-40CF-93F9-F481200EF337.jpeg
E701B745-28BB-40CF-93F9-F481200EF337.jpeg (182.89 KiB) Viewed 381 times
I arrived at the beach early in the morning to see a number of stand up paddle surfers in the water. I videoed a few of them, but just photographing a surfer in the water didn’t really capture the whole process of surfing. I thought including the entrance to the beach along with a surfer in the water and a surfer coming out of the water was a more interesting photograph. I edited the photograph for B&W .
Just taking a walk with my camera in hand makes my day. It's the little things in life that matter.
My Blog: Cape Cod Blog
My Shop: Outdoor Eyes Cards
Greg
1st Tier Forum Contributor

Re: Surfing On Cape Cod

Post by Greg »

Nice composition and I agree with you that just photographing a surfer in the water is a lot less interesting as showing the whole process of walking through the fence posts, carrying the board, etc. It lends itself to a print and more people would like a total composition. I like your choice of B&W for the image.
Persistence pays off in photography. Keep on going back to the same place until you get the photograph you really want.
HikerDan

Re: Surfing On Cape Cod

Post by HikerDan »

Great photo and probably would be a great print hanging on someone's wall. Not a follower of surfing, but I can appreciate the photo.
A hike a day... keeps your head cleared away.