How To Choose A Camping Tent

Questions and information on techniques, gear, camping, how to, etc. that will help everyone become a better camper. Camping photographs and stories can also be posted here, too.
Forum rules
No adds will be allowed on the Outdoor Eyes Forum. Any member posting adds will be banned from the forum and the adds will be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.
PJT
Site Admin

How To Choose A Camping Tent

Post by PJT »

tent.jpg
tent.jpg (11.44 KiB) Viewed 73 times

In purchasing equipment for the outdoors, I always use the same thought process. How often am I going to upgrade my equipment based on the new radical improvements that Tent the manufacturer will come out with? How long before my existing equipment will become obsolete and I will have to replace it? How long will it be before I have a disadvantage with my existing equipment? When the time came to choose a tent, I decided that I would choose the best tent that I could afford based on the use of the tent.

The quality of your experience outdoors is greatly dependent on your choice of the right tent. That is why there is such a large selection to choose from... and I, might add, a tough decision. There are 4 basic components to a tent: the poles, the body of the tent, the rain fly and a tarp (ground cloth or footprint to extend the life of a tent's floor - optional).

Read about "How To Choose A Camping Tent"
https://www.outdooreyes.com/choosetent.php3
...Seeing Through Outdoor Eyes

Return to “Camping Questions, Answers & Stories”