No Boats & No Moorings On Cape Cod

Discussion group on Boating techniques, gear, how to, launching and stories (not kayaking or canoeing). Post Boating photographs.
Mel
Site Admin
Site Admin

No Boats & No Moorings On Cape Cod

Post by Mel »

sailboat.jpg
sailboat.jpg (59.92 KiB) Viewed 418 times

After spending much time researching and designing our sailboat this past fall and part of the winter, we were not aware of what was occurring in the boating industry this past year.

Boats are in high demand on Cape Cod. Aries Pond Cat Boats are 1 to 1 1/2 years out for a new boat and the sailboat that we were designing wouldn't have been made until possibly July.

But, after researching the Cape Cod mooring situation, there are absolutely no moorings available on Cape Cod and everyone has a waiting list for moorings. And without a mooring for a sailboat... no sailboat this year and probably never. :(
Just taking a walk with my camera in hand makes my day. It's the little things in life that matter.
My Blog: Cape Cod Blog
My Shop: Outdoor Eyes Cards
RobinW
1st Tier Forum Contributor
1st Tier Forum Contributor

Re: No Boats & No Moorings On Cape Cod

Post by RobinW »

What a sad story as that is the last thing that you would have probably been thinking about. There are always moorings available, but not now. The boating industry certainly had a boom year due to the pandemic situation. Everyone wanted to be out to sea to feel a bit normal during this past year.
Love all the National Parks that I've gone to. Hopefully I can see some new ones.