The Eastern Comma Butterfly

Post your favorite Macro Photographs and a discussion group about Macro Photography.
Mel
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Eastern Comma Butterfly

Post by Mel »

easterncomma.jpg
easterncomma.jpg (76.62 KiB) Viewed 367 times

After a long winter, I am always excited seeing the first Eastern Comma Butterfly appear again, no matter how many times I've seen one. Butterflies are, as always, tough to photograph and I've learned over the years that I have no control on where they land, how much time I have to photograph one and whether or not the background is appealing for the photograph. I have many more disappointments than successes and that's what make butterfly photography so enjoyable as when you get a nice photograph, it makes your day and it's worth the effort.
Just taking a walk with my camera in hand makes my day. It's the little things in life that matter.
My Blog: Cape Cod Blog
My Shop: Outdoor Eyes Cards
PhotoMan
1st Tier Forum Contributor

Re: The Eastern Comma Butterfly

Post by PhotoMan »

I would have tried to lighten up the middle part of the body of the butterfly as it looks like a little shadow in the middle part of the body? It would just bring out the beauty of the butterfly just a bit. Otherwise, nice composition, works great with the extra green leaf and perfect timing of the photograph.
Photoing anything and everything that I can.
Sandy

Re: The Eastern Comma Butterfly

Post by Sandy »

PhotoMan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:01 pm I would have tried to lighten up the middle part of the body of the butterfly as it looks like a little shadow in the middle part of the body? It would just bring out the beauty of the butterfly just a bit. Otherwise, nice composition, works great with the extra green leaf and perfect timing of the photograph.
I agree with PhotoMan as it would be a better photograph without the shaddow in the body. Otherwise, nice composition.
Here's a flower for you.