Sometimes You're Just Lucky & Fortunate

Post your Wildlife Photographs (no pets) and a discussion group about Wildlife Photography.
Mel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sometimes You're Just Lucky & Fortunate

Post by Mel »

moose.jpg
moose.jpg (185.34 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Sometimes you're just lucky and fortunate to be at the right place at the right time. I have been trying to photograph moose for a very long time by getting up really early in the AM, driving for quite a while and hoping that the right time would be that day.

With wildlife, it usually is hit or miss as you never know when you will see the wildlife. You know where they live and you know what times that the wildlife look for food, but the rest is a bit of luck.

That day, I was lucky and spent about 1/2 hour photographing the Moose and hoping no one else would stop their cars to see what I was doing as that is another problem, too. Once other cars start stopping by, the photography moment is usually over with.
Just taking a walk with my camera in hand makes my day. It's the little things in life that matter.
My Blog: Cape Cod Blog
My Shop: Outdoor Eyes Cards
RobinW
1st Tier Forum Contributor
1st Tier Forum Contributor

Re: Sometimes You're Just Lucky & Fortunate

Post by RobinW »

What a great photograph and to see this is person must be been awesome. Thanks for your post as I have not been so fortunate to have ever seen this as I have never even seen a Moose.
Love all the National Parks that I've gone to. Hopefully I can see some new ones.