Sprague Lake In Rocky Mountain National Park

Post your Region 3 National Park questions, photographs, stories on Hiking, Trails, Backpacking, Camping, Photography, etc. (New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota)
PT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sprague Lake In Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by PT »

IMG_9284.JPG
IMG_9284.JPG (142.62 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Sprague Lake is a spectacular lake to hike around on the trail. The trail is about a 1 mile flat walk and it is handicap accessible. It is an easy, wonderful hike for the children, too. The photograph seen above is about 1/2 way around the trail. Every once in a while, if you are extremely lucky, you will see a moose in the water and possibly an Elk (which is more likely). Be sure to arrive early during the summer months as the parking lot fills up very fast. Before the summer months, you can get a parking spot almost all the time and you should bring a lunch and eat at one the picnic tables next to the parking lot next to the water.
Seeing Through Outdoor Eyes: Outdoor Eyes
Listen To The Hits On Indie Radio: 752.2 Hit Maker Radio
Kevin
1st Tier Forum Contributor
1st Tier Forum Contributor

Re: Sprague Lake In Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by Kevin »

A favorite, easy, short hike of mine in RMNP. The photo says it all. How could you not like this view while taking a hike around the lake!
I'll try all sorts of types of photography... might not be great at all attempts, but at least I tried. :D