Rocky Mountain National Park Reservation System

Post your Region 3 National Park questions, photographs, stories on Hiking, Trails, Backpacking, Camping, Photography, etc. (New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota)
Mel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rocky Mountain National Park Reservation System

Post by Mel »

rmnpreservations.jpg
rmnpreservations.jpg (106.85 KiB) Viewed 521 times

Rocky Mountain National Park has just announced their 2 reservation types system beginning on May 28th. Make sure you understand what it means for you when you visit Rocky Mountain National Park as you must plan way enough in advance to be able to enter the park.
Just taking a walk with my camera in hand makes my day. It's the little things in life that matter.
My Blog: Cape Cod Blog
My Shop: Outdoor Eyes Cards
RobinW
1st Tier Forum Contributor

Re: Rocky Mountain National Park Reservation System

Post by RobinW »

Mel, Thanks for this important information about Rocky Mountain National Park. I've visited RMNP numerous times and I was going to go back this summer. But having a reservation system and not knowing what the weather would be like on the days that I might want to be in RMNP is very confining. When you only have so many days, picking out the right days is very difficult. I will have to rethink my plans on visiting RMNP. I realize that due to the increase in visitors, as RMNP is one of the top National Parks in the USA, they had to do something. Maybe a smaller and less traveled to National Park is best for me?
Love all the National Parks that I've gone to. Hopefully I can see some new ones.
HikerDan

Re: Rocky Mountain National Park Reservation System

Post by HikerDan »

RobinW wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 pm Mel, Thanks for this important information about Rocky Mountain National Park. I've visited RMNP numerous times and I was going to go back this summer. But having a reservation system and not knowing what the weather would be like on the days that I might want to be in RMNP is very confining. When you only have so many days, picking out the right days is very difficult. I will have to rethink my plans on visiting RMNP. I realize that due to the increase in visitors, as RMNP is one of the top National Parks in the USA, they had to do something. Maybe a smaller and less traveled to National Park is best for me?
I tend to agree with Robin as it places a strain on my ability to hike in RMNP when I want to and how I want to.
A hike a day... keeps your head cleared away.