Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Pretty Purple Ground Ivy Along The Trails At Fort Hill On Cape Cod
Ground Ivy is part of the mint family and grows to about 6″ tall with 3/4″ blue-violet flowers which are tubular. They grow from April to June and you can see them all along the trails at Fort Hill in Eastham.
Belted Kingfisher At Goose Pond At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod
I love the cackling sound of the Kingfisher as he flies about. This Kingfisher landed high in the tree by Goose Pond looking for lunch below. I loved how he looks like a silhouette high in the tree. Love those feathers! What do you think?
Pretty Eastern Tailed Blue Butterfly At Fort Hill On Cape Cod
I saw this pretty little Eastern Tailed Blue Butterfly while we were hiking at Fort Hill the other day. It is a small blue butterfly with a wingspan of 3/4-1″. Above it is blue with a darker border and underneath it is gray with black spots and a little orange patch. So pretty and delicate, don’t … Continue reading Pretty Eastern Tailed Blue Butterfly At Fort Hill On Cape Cod