It seems that there are always a few of your photographs that manage to have some "Purple Fringing" with digital cameras. And, of course, it seems to be the ones that you favor the most. There have been
numerous technical articles written about the cause of this complaint. The bottom line is that it is an inherent problem with some digital cameras and it normally occurs when an area of a photograph is overexposed. Using software applications such as Adobe Photoshop, it is possible to decrease the visibility of the chromatic aberrations.
How To Repair Chromatic Aberrations With Adobe Photoshop
This technique replaces the magenta color with a lighter gray shade. It does not completely fix the problem, but it makes it less visible.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Move the image on the screen so that the chromatic aberration is visible.
4. Choose Image --> Adjust --> Hue/Saturation. The screen displayed below will be displayed.
5. Click on the Edit down arrow and change the color to Magentas (see A).
6. Change the Saturation to -80 (see B) and the Lightness to +16 (see C). This is just an average approximation. You may want to change these numbers slightly depending on the image. The screen displayed below will be displayed.
7. Slowly push the color ramp (see D) either up or down the spectrum. Be careful to keep the spectrum in the Magenta level. Once you see that the chromatic aberration has been cleared, stop and click on OK.
8. Move the image around the screen to make sure all the chromatic aberration is eliminated from the whole image.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Beautiful Pink Everlasting Pea Wildflower On Cape Cod
The fields at Fort Hill in Eastham are filled with wild Everlasting Peas and they are so pretty as they dot the meadows. They are such a simple but elegant wildflower… one of my favorite’s. They grow all summer long so you should see them if you stop by. Have you seen a wild Everlasting … Continue reading Beautiful Pink Everlasting Pea Wildflower On Cape Cod
Early Morning Bike Ride To Rock Harbor On Cape Cod
It was a perfect day for an early morning bike ride to Rock Harbor and then along the Cape Cod Rails to Trails. There were no cars and no people. I had the place all to myself. Doesn’t get much batter! Rock Harbor looks beautiful, don’t you think? The clouds were just spectacular!
Lots Of Juvenile Baltimore Orioles In Our Yard On Cape Cod
With all of the birds having chicks in the past few weeks, we sure do have a lot of juvenile Baltimore Orioles in our yard. They seem to come here to feed from our “never ending Grape Jelly feeder,” for a drink and then a bath. Not bad! This little guy was so cute in … Continue reading Lots Of Juvenile Baltimore Orioles In Our Yard On Cape Cod